Friday, January 25, 2013

Winter Camping

Since Harford County Public Schools are concerned about the weather of later today, we were able to get out of school early before the snow would come, which means that I didn't have Western Civ. today. This weekend I am going to go camping with the Boy Scouts. We do a Winter Camping trip every year, and I am excited because this is my first time going in 3 years. At the camporee, we will be competing against other troops to see who has the most skill, enthusiasm, and knowledge of the  Boy Scouts. During the last troop meeting, we had an election to see who would become the next boy scout to be a member of the Order of the Arrow. The Order of the Arrow is kind of the boy scout "honor society". It demonstrates scouts who go above and beyond those of the others. I was one of the nominees to be elected into the Society, and I am really hoping that I get elected in. I think I am going to have a great time this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Well, you sure picked a good weekend to do some "winter camping"! I hope it went well, and i definitely think you would be a great choice for the Order of the Arrow. Be sure to let me know if you get elected! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete